Friday, December 5, 2008

Earth Science

Geology
I liked studying the geologic time scale. It wuz fun remembering the geologic time sclaes. It is divided into eons, eras, periods, and epochs. I even made a song to remember the periods!
Oceonography
My favorite part of oceanography was learning about sonars and satellites that measure the depth of the ocean floor. Sonar means sound navigation and ranging. Satellites send radar pulses back that reflect back to the surface to measure depth.


Meteorology
I liked studying the types of clouds. My favorite activity was making cloud types using cotton balls. I chose nimbostratus, which are low clouds that bring rain, cirrus, which are high and white, and cumulus, which are low puffy clouds.

Astronomy
I liked when we learned about stars. It surprised me that the Sun was just an average star. I also found it interesting that one day the Sun will die. I didnt think there were stars bigger than the sun and I also thought everything revolves around the Sun. It was also shocking to me that there are millions more stars than what we see in the night sky.







































No comments: